Sunday, February 18, 2007

Smoke 'em if ya' got 'em

Awesome, no lip synching here

Cover of the Rolling Stone


If you only remember (if at all) Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show from this song . . .

Baby Makes Her Blue Jeans Talk


Then you need to watch these videos below.

My parents had Dr. Hook records when I was a kid but the Blue Jeans song/video is really where I remember hearing/seeing them for the first time, then on the radio I can remember hearing and loving "Cover of the Rolling Stone". I also have heard over the years some of their "hit" songs that are at the end of this post, but the songs and live performances directly below are a revelation to me. They had access to the good smoke for sure but they are having a blast and kickin' ass live. I love the Stoner Laugh in the live performances

The Yodle Song


Sylvia's Mother


Carry Me Carrie


Freakin' At The Freakers Ball (in concert)


Freakin' At The Freakers Ball (live TV)


Pennecillin Penny


Acapulco Goldie


All About You


Roland The Roadie


Dr. Hook Interviewing Dr. Hook


Life Ain't Easy


The Millionaire


Here are some more Dr. Hook songs you may have actually heard before . . .

Only Sixteen ( Live, Stoner Laugh Alert )


and their regular videos below (is this even the same band?, lol)

Sharing the Night Together


When You're in Love With A Beautiful Woman


Sexy Eyes


I Don't want to be Alone


A Little Bit More


Bonus Video:

Bon Jovi covering "Sylvia's Mother"

No comments: